It feels like ages till I posted. But, no worries, I’m back now. And back with a very good recipe for some delicious chewy banana bars. 😀 The title says it all; I tried making banana bread using Jamie Oliver’s recipe but my loaf tin came out to be rusted, so I tried making it a cake mould. So, it’s pretty understandable that I didn’t get a bread. But nevertheless, I got delicious banana bars which were the best snacks whether taken with tea or eaten as a midnight snack. I miss them, now that they’re finished. ❤ Here we go; Ingredients:
250 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
3 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons fresh apple juice
125 g unsalted butter
2 large free-range eggs
2 tablespoons runny honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
2. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a cake mould with olive oil. 3. Dust the sides of the mould lightly with flour, then tap to get rid of any excess. 4. Peel and add the bananas to a mixing bowl. 5. Using a fork, mash the bananas so you’ve got a mixture of smooth and chunky, then put aside. 6. Add the apple juice and stir to combine. 7. In a separate bowl, beat the butter with a wooden spoon until creamy. 8. Crack in the eggs one at a time, beating each one in well before adding the next. 9. Fold in the flour, honey and banana mixture, taking care not to over mix. 10. Spoon into the mould. Spreading it out but make sure not to make it too thin.
11. Then bake in the hot oven for around 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
12. To check if it’s done, stick a cocktail stick or skewer into the middle, remove it after 5 seconds and if it comes out clean it’s cooked; if it’s slightly sticky it needs a bit longer.
13. Allow it to cool slightly, then carefully turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely. 14. Cut into squares, then serve.
And you’ll get:
Disclaimer: This recipe belongs to Jamie Oliver with a little modification by me. 🙂 Try it out and tell me what you think though I already know that you’ll love it because it’s de-li-cious! 😀
Peace. Meet you in my next post. ❤